Q. I am charged with Disorderly conduct- Engaged in a fight “Summary Offense”? I have court this week. I’m just wondering what to expect. Will I go to jail or will I pay a fine? I am a minor and I plead guilty.

A. You can get 90 days in jail for a summary, but most people don’t. Usually only vagrants, the homeless or frequent flyers get jail time on summaries. Your fine will be anywhere up to $300 plus costs. A lawyer may be able to improve your situation. There may be other options such as a withdrawal of the charges. If you are convicted of a summary offense, it stays on your criminal record for 5 years. At that time, you need to pay an attorney to expunge your record.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.