Can a Juvenile a juvenile case be switched to an informal hearing without seeing a judge?

Q: This happened after an adjudication hearing was scheduled. The Assistant DA made a deal for an informal hearing with our lawyer, Is this legal?

A:  Cases of first-time juvenile offenders can be handled by an informal disposition. This keeps them out of court. This normally is offered to low level offenders with no juvenile court history. The youth is given conditions to fulfill and if so fulfilled and complied with, the charges are withdrawn. If there was no great defense to the allegations, it sounds like what a good attorney would do with a juvenile delinquency case.


If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.