Can I get my social security benefits transfer to new social security number?

Q: I have been living and working in the country for 15 years in the same company with a made-up social security number. I recently became a resident and now have a valid ss number. I have changed my social security number at my job to the new one, but I am not sure if I will lose all my accumulated social security benefits for changing numbers since my old one is fake. If so, is there a possibility to transfer it to new number? (Pittsburgh, PA)

A: I think you need to consult with an immigration attorney who is associated with a lawyer who handles federal criminal law, or visa-versa. I would think that you have been committing a federal crime, most likely fraud, for the past 15 years. If you try to “transfer” your accumulated credit from the fake Social Security number, you will likely be investigated and possibly prosecuted.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.