Can I turn down the adult protection service ?

Q: A lady from the adult protection service was contacted by my sister and the lady has came out to the home 3 times. She keeps leaving a card on my porch. I am 38 years old. Is there a way for me to get the adult protection service to go away? (Swisshelm Park, PA)

A: I am not sure if you are the one someone is concerned about or if it is your care of another person that has raised concern. In either case, generally, once a complaint is filed, these investigators will not go away. You can keep avoiding them, but they may take more aggressive action like come out with the police or obtain a warrant. I would review the situation with a lawyer and see if it is necessary or advisable for you to meet them with counsel.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.