How can I be power of attorney over my brother?

Q: My brother is in and nursing home and has schizoaffective disorder and hypertension. Can I obtain a power of attorney over him? (West Mifflin, PA)

A: Seek the opinion of his physician as to whether or not he is competent to sign a Power of Attorney. He may or may not be even with his diagnosis.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.