How do I get my wife name off the house deed?

Q: We are separated, and I want the house now and her name off my deed for good. What does she sign? (Jefferson Hills, PA)

A: If her name is on the deed with your name, her signature or a judge’s signature is the only way to remove her name from deed. If she doesn’t agree to take her name off, you will have to negotiate with her and probably buy her out. This is what the family court will do when you proceed with your divorce. I suggest a consultation with a lawyer as I do not have all the facts here.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.