Do I have recourse against a collection agency?

Q: I have a collection agency calling my friends and family disclosing my name and social security on their answering machines. Do I have any recourse?

A:  You may have a case. You may also want to call the consumer protection division of the Pennsylvania Attorney General. They may be able to help or give you guidance. I would preserve the evidence if you can, i.e., voicemails, dates and times of calls. You may also want to call a consumer rights attorney.