My brother as former POA is not releasing funds. What do we do?

Q: My mother revoked his POA. He was refusing while fiduciary and now that it’s revoked continues to refuse her physical property’s return to her. She was deemed fully competent by her doctor. (Pittsburgh, PA)

A: If she is competent and has revoked her prior POA, your brother should not be acting on her behalf. If he is doing so and she is opposed, it could constitute a crime or be actionable in Civil or Probate Court. I would consult with a local WV lawyer. In the meantime, if this hasn’t been done already, send the brother a copy of the revocation by certified mail and make sure all persons or entities (banks, financial institutions, etc.) have a copy as well.