Will warrant be issued if parent no shows for child support hearing?

Q: The mother is on government medical/ food stamp assistance. The child support case is in PA. The mother of child did not show up to the first initial hearing. The hearing has been rescheduled. Will a warrant be issued for me if I do not attend the hearing? (Pittsburgh, PA)

A: I do not believe the Family Division issues warrants for parties that do not show for hearings to establish child support. If it was a contempt hearing for failure to pay child support, they could hold a hearing without you, find you in contempt in absentia, then issue a warrant. If you fail to appear at a support establishment hearing, they will conduct a hearing without you and issue an order, which will likely require you to pay support.