What kind of trouble am I facing?

Q: I placed a recording device in my ex’s house. I never used it or recorded anything, but they found it and reported it to the police. I was charged with three counts of a felony of the 3rd degree. (Robinson Township, PA)

A: You need to hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. Only speak with him or her, do not make statements about this case to your ex, police, or anyone else. You may have a defense if no recording was actually done. Unless this recording device was placed in the bathroom, the case may be more like a trespassing issue and given the emotions involved with a domestic situation, the case may work itself out. Do not have any contact whatsoever with your ex. Perhaps some counseling before the hearing might benefit you and the situation, but follow the advice of your attorney.