What is custody law for parent with no water?

Q: My kids usually go every other weekend to see my ex. It concerns me as he has no running water in his house. I don’t know if I should send them knowing the living conditions of their dad. (West Newton, PA)

A:  I am sorry to hear that. You can probably file a motion to modify custody. It is a health and safety concern. First, you may want to investigate any programs that assist those that cannot afford utilities. If you can find a referral and he will not take advantage of it, you may have to go the legal route.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.