Brother moving out can my mom do anything?

A: I think you are asking can an 18-year old just move out of his or her parent’s home. The answer is yes. At age 18 he is considered an adult under PA law. It is not recommended that he do this unless life at home is abusive. Perhaps some counseling or intervention from a friend can help. It is a tough world out there for an unemployed, uneducated 18-year old.

Q: My parents are divorced, and my brother is 18. He is planning on moving in with my dad. He did tell my mom he would stay until school ended but he then changed his mind and wants to leave now. My question is, can my mom do anything to him or my dad because if he leaves? (McMurray, PA)

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.