Can I be charged with Disorderly Conduct with no police contact?

Q: A friend and I got into a fight two months ago in a private bar we go to. He runs from the police, he gets caught. I got to a house on the corner and got patched up. I NEVER even seen a cop that night or speak to any. I think the bar gave my information. (McKees Rocks, PA)

A: Yes, police can file charges based upon “information received”, and they do it all the time. The witness from whom the information came from will need to be present in court to testify for the police to make a case. I would discuss this with a lawyer.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.