Car totaled, the other driver was at fault. Can I sue?

Q: Since I owed more on car than actual cash value, after settling my car note on totaled vehicle, I now have no car, which I need for work. Can I sue for distress or inconvenience? (West Mifflin, PA)

A: Your vehicle coverage is based on the value of the car, not on what you owe. If you were injured you can sue for pain, suffering, inconvenience and lost wages. I would consult with a personal injury attorney.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.