Do I have to turn over evidence with no discovery requests made?

Q: Opposing council has made no discovery requests. Do I have to turn over my evidence anyway? I am representing myself and headed for a jury trial in county court. (Tarentum, PA)

A: I am not sure if this is a civil or criminal matter but it sounds like you are in state court. The answer would be no in either court, criminal or civil. If no requests are made you have no duty to release information. If this was in Federal Court, you may need to.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.