Where can I get a sample copy of a complaint?

Q: I filed a notice of appeal because I was not happy with the decision of lower court. I need to file a complaint. I am suing a contractor for shoddy work. Where can I get a good copy of a civil complaint against a contractor? (Pittsburgh, PA)

A: Just google “form civil complaint against contractor” and you will probably find one. There are also form provider services on the internet which will charge a fee for such form complaints. You can go to the Allegheny County Law Library on Grant Street and look up Civil Actions in such reference books as PA Standard Practice. The librarian can assist you. You can also go to the Department of Court Records and look at the civil dockets to see if you come across suits involving various Pittsburgh contractors and service providers. You can also hire an attorney which you probably should have done in the first place.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.