With POA can she kick me and my daughter out of my mother’s house?

Q: My sister supposedly has a Power of Attorney from my mother. I have never seen any papers and my daughter and myself have been in the house for 20 years. We were taking care of her before my sister put her in a nursing home. She is also signing my mother’s name on checks and papers. (Dorseyville, PA)

A: She is only authorized to perform acts on behalf of your mother that are authorized by the Power of Attorney. In order to determine this, demand to see the POA. If she will not share it with you, call Adult Protective Services and tell them your concerns.

If you feel like this issue relates to you, or a problem that you are experiencing, please contact me so that we can discuss your situation.